Dow grants 3 million baht to advance Thai SMEs towards Industry 4.0 and Circular Economy
BANGKOK, - September 12, 2019 - Mr. Jim Fitterling, Dow Chief Executive Officer, granted 3-million financial support to the partners in the “Dow for Sustainable Industry” project namely, the Thailand Environment Institute (TEI), the Plastics Institute of Thailand and the Faculty of Engineering of Thammasat University. The project not only support the government to establish a Thailand Industry 4.0 guideline but also lift up the safety and environmental standard and promote a circular economy among Thai small & medium plastics and food entrepreneurs through training and in-depth coaching sessions. Intensive consultation on eco-friendly productivity improvement by applying the Lean for Environment principle, system integration and Internet of Things (IoT) will be provided to at least 20 entrepreneurs who joined in this project during 2019-2020.
People in the photo (from left to right)
- Ms. Poranee Kongamornpinyo, Southeast Asia Corporate Affairs, Dow Thailand Group
- Mr. Chatchai Luanpolcharoenchai, Dow Thailand President
- Mr. Jonathan Penrice, Dow Asia Pacific President
- Mr. Jim Fitterling, Dow Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. Montri Chamnanrot, Acting President of Thailand Environment Institute (TEI)
- Mr. Chatchai Meephokha, Vice President of Industrial Strategic Management Department, the Plastics Institute of Thailand
- Dr. Qwanruedee Chotichanathawewong, Director of Research Center for Environmental Strategy, the National Research Council of Thailand
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Thira Jearsiripongkul, Dean, The Faculty of Engineering of Thammasat University
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines one of the broadest technology sets in the industry with asset integration, focused innovation and global scale to achieve profitable growth and become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company. Dow’s portfolio of performance materials, industrial intermediates and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for our customers in high-growth segments, such as packaging, infrastructure and consumer care. Dow operates 113 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 37,000 people. Dow delivered pro forma sales of approximately $50 billion in 2018. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.